Rotini Legacy to HomeHabit Journey

Hi Igor,

When I go to “Platforms” I can see that it’s switching between “sync error” and “sync is ON”. Can I somewhere see the reason for sync error?

Regards,
Michel

There should be more detailed errors available in the next release.

UPDATE : 1st Dec 2018
Been looking at this again today to see if any updates let me improve my new dashboard…

• Ideally Scene widgets should show the label at the top when the sty;e is “mode”.
  • My decimal numbers are too big and about the same size as the whole numbers.
  • DONE! : Webcam images would look better “stretched”
  • Being able to set a widget as “read only” would be great
  • Media widget needs support for cover art from OpenHAB image item.
  • Media widget needs a couple more controls like volume and power.
  • Play button on media widget doesn’t seem to work
  • Prev/Next buttons on media widget do nothing
  • Use Font Awesome for extra custom icons?
  • Decimal values in widgets too big
  • Setting up a garage/gate widget that works for me is still overly complicated involving extra hidden items and rules…

UPDATE : 10th Feb 2019
Took another look at HomeHabit today but no new updates that would fix any of my issues. So for now I’ll be sticking with the legacy version. @igor what’s the plan, I remember you saying you now had someone else on your team but frequency of updates hasn’t changed?

• Ideally Scene widgets should show the label at the top when the style is “mode”.
  • My decimal numbers are too big and about the same size as the whole numbers.
  • Media widget needs support for cover art from OpenHAB image item.
  • Decimal values in widgets too big
  • Setting up a garage/gate widget that works for me is still overly complicated involving extra hidden items and rules…

@TommySharp Thank you for the update, and I really appreciate your ongoing interest!

I would say the main reason for the slow update frequency is the amount of work that performed for the future of the app. Decision to support multiple platforms increased complexity of the project significantly, so we are still behind the curve and working hard to eventually come out on top. Even with multiple team members, resources are still spread thin.
iOS version is also in the works, which required us to re-architect large parts of the system to make both Android and iOS development sustainable in the future.

We hugely appreciate the support from our earliest users and the community at large.

Thanks @igor I’m currently taking a sneaky peek at Home Assistant to see what it offers so good to know that HomeHabit also supports that :wink:

Following items will be addressed in the next release, available on the beta channel soon:

This might be fixed in the next release as well. There is a possible fix even though we couldn’t reproduce it internally:

Great! I look forward to it :slight_smile:

Hey @Igor can you explain how this works better in the new version?

@TommySharp Shutter widget has a trigger mode that allows binding of two separate items: trigger (e.g. switch) and sensor (e.g. contact). State of the shutter will be taken from the sensor item.

Woo Hoo, OpenHAB cover image is now working :slight_smile:

2019-04-02_220654

1 Like

New “Trigger” option on the Shutter widget now lets me easily create a properly working widget for my gate and garage! Nice work @igor

I’m also liking the new colour thresholds on the Gauge widget.

I’ve added a linear gauge now, at the current font size there is definitely room for two gauges in the same space… Current a lot of blank space above and below the line… Something like download and upload speed in a gauge group or something?

• Ideally Scene widgets should show the label at the top when the style is “mode”.
  • DONE! My decimal numbers are too big and about the same size as the whole numbers.
  • DONE! Media widget needs support for cover art from OpenHAB image item.
  • DONE! Decimal values in widgets too big
  • DONE! Setting up a garage/gate widget that works for me is still overly complicated involving extra hidden items and rules…

2 posts were split to a new topic: Problems trying to switch from Legacy to HH

A few more releases are out since my last update so here’s an update to my journey!

The remote config editor looks like it is going to be very useful!

So 2 more things can be marked as DONE which is great, thanks @igor

• DONE! Ideally Scene widgets should show the label at the top when the style is “mode”.
  • DONE! Use Font Awesome for extra custom icons?

These are the existing things on the wish list…

And then I can’t do an update without adding more things to the wish list :slight_smile:

• Able to create gauge groups so I can have 2 linear gauges in the same box.
  • Have it so that I can click on a camera image and see a full screen live feed.
  • Able to change the colour theme would be nice

Latest screenshot!

1 Like

That’s now working in the latest build and it’s freak’n awesome!

1 Like

Another quick update!!!

The remote config editor is a bit fiddly to get working first time but looks to work well!

2 more things can be marked as DONE which is great, thanks @igor

• DONE! Play button on media widget doesn’t seem to work
  • DONE! Prev/Next buttons on media widget do nothing

These are the existing things on the wish list…

• Media widget needs a couple more controls like volume and power. I’ve used a separate dimmer for media volume but it would make more sense to be in the same widget.
  • Able to create gauge groups so I can have 2 linear gauges in the same box.
  • Have it so that I can click on a camera image and see a full screen live feed.
  • Able to change the colour theme would be nice

And then I can’t do an update without adding more things to the wish list :slight_smile:

• Able to turn screen on/off using an item so that I can use motion to turn on the screen.
  • Set screen brightness using an item so I can make the screen dimmer when the light level is low.

1 Like

Thanks for update on the journey!

Anything in particular was not working with remote editor that could be improved?

My PC seems to struggle to connect and open the URL… But after a few attempts it connects and then works fine from then on :grinning:

The ability to control on-off is very lacking.

Nice feature!