Integration for Homey Platform

I would really like an Integration for Homey Platform as the frontpage of homey is a disaster.

@Stave Thanks for posting an idea. Don’t forget to add your own vote to it, if you want.

Would love to see an integration for Homey, as the dashboard for Homey is horrible and not customizable.

I certainly agree on this request. Would like to see a Homey integration. In the mean time trying to set this up using MQTT but no succes yet.

The newly announced Homey Pro should to be available in US as well (early next year I guess). That makes the integration more likely.

Hi Igor,

I was using homehabit with the domoticz integration. This was working as expected. I switched to my new Homey Pro early 2023. Since no integration is available yet, I tried the MQTT integration.

I don’t have it working yet. In DashMQTT homie/homey/tuin-achter/speaker-album is giving me the current played album, but the same in HomeHabit doesn’t show the information (which is for every topic I’ve tried).

For this I’ve checked https://homieiot.github.io/specification/spec-core-v3_0_1/ which seems to be used.

Can you help out (and is there a timeline for any Homey integration)?

Edit: I see you are working on a new dashboard functionality and have new integrations on hold. So help on mqtt for now will be great. I’m running Homehabit on a nspanel pro and it seems the best option for now regarding the possible layout options of homehabit

@Kringloper For MQTT, right now, it has integration with only some widgets, so if you are trying to show album art in Media widget - that’s not possible at the moment. MQTT integration doesn’t support complex widgets like Media or Thermostat yet.

Generally, MQTT integration setup proven to be too complex for most users, so it is also one that would need to be improved with the next-gen dashboards to make that easier.
There are also plans to make MQTT integration discover devices automatically based on some MQTT spec, which might include the one that you linked as well. However, I didn’t look into that in details yet, so this is still at the idea stage.

Direct Homey integration is still pending the release of Homey Pro hub in the US, which should come later this year, according to current Homey estimates.