WeatherUnderground Binding

Hi Igor

Do you think you can support the new WeatherUnderground-Binding in the future? With current condition and forecast? I see that there is no Common-ID anymore.

Thanks
Michael

That one might be tricky to support since there is not enough data to get all needed info anymore. Will need more investigation.

Seconded. I actually came here to make the same request. Most of it works, except none of the conditions seem to work. This is my weather.items file:

Number   Weather_Humidity 			"Humidity [%d %%]" 				{weather="locationId=home, type=atmosphere, property=humidity"}
Number   Weather_Pressure 			"Pressure [%.2f mb]"    		{weather="locationId=home, type=atmosphere, property=pressure"}
String   Weather_Pressure_Trend		"Pressuretrend [%s]"    		{weather="locationId=home, type=atmosphere, property=pressureTrend"}
Number   Weather_Clouds				"Clouds [%.0f %%]"				{weather="locationId=home, type=clouds, property=percent"}
String   Weather_Condition 			"Condition [%s]" 				{weather="locationId=home, type=condition, property=text"}
String   Weather_Condition_ID 		"Condition id [%s]" 			{weather="locationId=home, type=condition, property=id"}
String   Weather_CommonId 			"[MAP(weather_en.map):%s]"		{weather="locationId=home, type=condition, property=commonId"}
Number   Weather_Rain_Inches 		"Rain [%.2f in/h]"				{weather="locationId=home, type=precipitation, property=rain, unit=inches"}

Number   Weather_Precip_Probability   "Precip probability [%d %%]"   {weather="locationId=home, type=precipitation, property=probability"}
Number   Weather_Precip_Total_Inches  "Precip total [%d in]"   {weather="locationId=home, type=precipitation, property=total, unit=inches"}

Number   Weather_Temperature_F    "Temperature [%.2f °F]"       {weather="locationId=home, type=temperature, property=current, unit=fahrenheit"}
Number   Weather_Temp_Feel_F      "Temperature feel [%.2f °F]"  {weather="locationId=home, type=temperature, property=feel, unit=fahrenheit"}
Number   Weather_Temp_Dewpoint_F  "Dewpoint [%.2f °F]"          {weather="locationId=home, type=temperature, property=dewpoint, unit=fahrenheit"}

Number   Weather_Temp_Min_F       "Temperature min [%.2f °F]"   {weather="locationId=home, type=temperature, property=min, unit=fahrenheit"}
Number   Weather_Temp_Max_F       "Temperature max [%.2f °F]"   {weather="locationId=home, type=temperature, property=max, unit=fahrenheit"}
String   Weather_Temp_MinMax_F    "Min/Max [%s °F]"             {weather="locationId=home, type=temperature, property=minMax, unit=fahrenheit"}

Number   Weather_Wind_Speed           "Windspeed [%.2f km/h]"    {weather="locationId=home, type=wind, property=speed"}

And these are the entries dumped to the events.log file when I update weather.items:

2017-11-05 17:16:02.212 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - Weather_Precip_Probability changed from NULL to 30.0
2017-11-05 17:16:02.218 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - Weather_Temp_Dewpoint_F changed from NULL to 46.4
2017-11-05 17:16:02.224 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - Weather_Temp_MinMax_F changed from NULL to -/-
2017-11-05 17:16:02.227 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - Weather_CommonId changed from NULL to sunny
2017-11-05 17:16:02.231 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - Weather_Precip_Total_Inches changed from NULL to 0.0
2017-11-05 17:16:02.234 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - Weather_Humidity changed from NULL to 89.0
2017-11-05 17:16:02.240 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - Weather_Rain_Inches changed from NULL to 0.0
2017-11-05 17:16:02.244 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - Weather_Pressure changed from NULL to 1023.0
2017-11-05 17:16:02.247 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - Weather_Pressure_Trend changed from NULL to up
2017-11-05 17:16:02.251 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - Weather_Temp_Feel_F changed from NULL to 48.2
2017-11-05 17:16:02.254 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - Weather_Temperature_F changed from NULL to 48.2
2017-11-05 17:16:02.259 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - Weather_Wind_Speed changed from NULL to 7.0
2017-11-05 17:16:02.266 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - Weather_Condition changed from NULL to Clear
2017-11-05 17:16:05.564 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - Weather_Condition_ID changed from NULL to UNDEF
2017-11-05 17:16:05.565 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - Weather_Clouds changed from NULL to UNDEF
2017-11-05 17:16:05.565 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - Weather_Temp_Max_F changed from NULL to UNDEF
2017-11-05 17:16:05.566 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - Weather_Temp_Min_F changed from NULL to UNDEF

I tried using CommonId with the value of sunny, but I get Unknown in the widget in rotini. Same deal for Condition.

@dinodog the issue with commonId not supporting certain values should be fixed now. Does Weather widget works for you now?

Yep looks good! (Responding on behalf of dinodog… he’s just a wall tablet).

@igor for me it is still not 100% solved. it is now possible to use the iconKey-item from weatherunderground-binding. the conditions that i get from there are slightly different. until now i have seen that these conditions are not working in rotini:

partlycloudy
clear
chancerain

maybe there are more that i don’t know yet. or do i have to setup it in a different way?

@michaeljoos There is no solution for WU binding yet. The thread got sidetracked with another weather binding, so I was just confirming if that problem is fixed.

ah ok.
but a few contitions are working now. there are new channels in the binding implemented about 1 or 2 weeks ago. did you see that already?

that’s great! I’ll check if it is usable for id purposes.

That new icon channel works great for this. Will be added in the next release.
Thanks for pointing it out!