Thermostat widget (with Netatmo)

I tested the Thermostat widget with OH and Netatmo.

I’m not sure what is expected in the ‘state’ and ‘mode’ field? I tried a switch item for the state but that didn’t seem to work.

Current temperature is not shown, setpoint is shown. However, when I try to adjust the setpoint, my OH Netatmo binding crashes, due to bad casting. I suppose this may also be the reason why the current temperature is not shown.

> 2018-01-06 14:54:03.258 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'NetatmoGewensteTemperatuur' received command 20.5
> 2018-01-06 14:54:03.272 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - NetatmoGewensteTemperatuur changed from 21.50 to 20.5
> 2018-01-06 14:54:03.282 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'netatmo:NATherm1:fadc273d:040000033fd6' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE: java.math.BigDecimal cannot be cast to java.lang.Integer

Notice the .50 and .5

When I configure the widget, the current temperature is shown as 20.1 at the moment, you rely on numbers per 0.5?

Maybe this should be handled at the binding side?

It does seem like a problem on binding side since I don’t see why any normal decimal number wouldn’t be supported by the binding. It might be worth asking in OH community as well.

State and mode are for current thermostat operation (heating, cooling, off) and desired operation (heat, cool, auto) respectively.

It is fixed in the latest Netatmo snaphot.

However, I only see the setpoint value, the current temperature is shown as –
What are the expected values for state and mode? Custom string or the fixed values you mentioned?

Netatmo thermostat items don’t have anything that can be directly used in mode/state properties. There is a setpoint-mode item in the binding but it has incompatible values, so I would need to see if that can be utilized.
Regarding current temp, what item did you bind to it?

I bind the temperature to the temperature value, it shows a correct value in widget configuration pop-up.
I wanted to make the mode static and the state a mapped value, so it would work with the widget. That is why I asked what values are expected for mode and state?
Currently the ‘heating status’ is a switch item, so I could easily map it to heating or off.

Jeff, I would ask you to hold on a bit for mode/state configs. The UI controls for those are still not working, so there might be some changes. I will update when it is ready.