Screensaver enhancements

Hi,

in order for the “screensaver” to be useful, there are 2 features which I am missing right now:

1. The clock should move over the screen, at a speed which should be configurable in the options
  2. Most important the screen should reduce the brightness, there’s no point in the screensaver being as bright as the main app, so the brightness should be adjusted once it enters screensaver mode and reset once it returns to the main App.

Would be awesome if you could evaluate the options we have here.

What is the benefit of that?

Prevent the screen from burning in, the entire purpose of having a screensaver.

The screensaver clock already gradually moves in the center of the screen in a circular way to prevent burn in.
If you look at it for a minute or so, it should be noticeable.

Okay, i will check that. I’m also having a little issue with the screensaver when using rotini as launcher: Enabling stay awake takes a few attempts (unlocking the device and wait) until its enabled. Disabling sane thing, except the screensaver gets entered again and again, so exiting and waiting until it starts again. After some times it applies the settings.

Hi,

it would be also great to see specific informations on the screensaver which are bindable like temp etc.

I think the screensaver works great as is, i use it as my main watch in the living room already!! :grinning:
But some improvements are always welcome.
A way to add maybe 3 values only (in the same style as the clock, just smaller font) would be nice. Eg 27C, 50%, 1200W - to show inside temp, heat pump power and house hold energy meter…
Also enabling the camera to wake up the screen would be HIGHLY WELCOME!!

1 Like

There are a few things that I think would really make the screen saver feature awesome.

1. Photo slideshow with cloud sources (turn the control panel into a photo frame when not in use).
  2. Auto activation timer that respects user activity (I’ve had the screensaver turn on while using the app)
  3. Additional info available with time display (current weather, forecast, any other sensor data)
  4. Gesture support to immediately enable screensaver when desired.
3 Likes

I would also like to see the option for a URL to load as a screensver e.g. my Dakboard URL
Also anything you can do with motion detection would be wonderful, similar to the way Fully Kiosk Browser handles motion.

+1 for screen brightness reduction during screen saver sessions.

I use a POE-powered wall-tablet which has no light sensors, and is not able to dim the screen light based on the environment lighting. The main UI looks great with high brightness, but the clock would be way more elegant with minimal brightness.

I’d suggest, in the Settings, to add under the Display section a bar to choose the desired brightness during screen saver, and maybe another bar to choose the brightness when the main UI is shown.

Thank you, and keep up the good work.

Another idea: block screensaver during camera live video display. One opens the live stream of a camera to watch what’s happening, it’s annoying that screensaver keeps kicking in.

Fixed for the next release.

Thanks.
Another idea: add an option to select a sensor value to be added under the clock. With options similar to sensor widget - set unit, name, etc.
I’d put the outdoor temperature sensor value on the screensaver, just below the clock.

This would be possible in one of the upcoming releases, similar to current Clock widget.

Hi everyone,

After searching for the perfect interface for my home assistant, I chose home habit for the awesome layout and customization.
I just installed my tablet (Samsung tab A) on my wall.

Right now, I double click the screen to wake up my tablet but I might switch to having the screensaver from home habit.

As others are saying, a way to set the brightness for the screensaver would be a really nice improvement.

Even a way to have the screen off would be cool as the double tap of my tablet has a lag for waking up.

Being able to show the clock at the top right with a couple of sensors and then have a photo slideshow from a web source would be the ultimate screensaver for my DIY 24" HomeHabit wall mounted tablet !!!

+1 for screensaver brightness pls :slight_smile:

+1 to add some basic info on screensaver from sensors