Pin/Pattern/Fingerprint/Facial Recognition

I’m running about 5 of these as a trial within my hotel using OpenHab. I will probably have up to 10 when I’m finished.

I think they’re great, especially now that I’ve found the import/export function. It would be even better if we could screen lock the app so that patrons couldn’t control my devices. At the moment I’m just testing but I have to make the decision of whether to hide them so patrons can’t access them or show them off but with security. I vote for the latter as they look so cool.

Cheers

Ken

@KenMullins to clarify, is this request for (1) ability to lock settings and disable dashboard editing, or (2) making whole dashboard view-only?

I think it would be nice to be able to password protect entities using a 4-digit number.

SharpTools has a great feature which allows you to set a 4-digit pin, this can be applied across the entire dashboard, or you can set it to pop-up on certain entities, such as alarm controls.

PinProtect

Hi @Igor

Thanks for the very fast reply. :slight_smile: I would say both. The pin would stop any access to the app, but still show the dashboard until a person touched the tablet and then the pin panel would appear to enter a pin and allow access. When I say “allow access” i mean to navigate through the dashboards andspawn an event through clicking a tile. I think design restriction is already handled in the app.

So long story short, I want to be able to put the tablets (10+) anywhere in the hotel and they display the last homehabit screen accessed. If a normal patron tries to mess with it ie turn lights on/off they will be greeted with a security dialog box. Only staff will know the code and therefore get access to the tiles.

Cheers

Ken

@connor_thompson. Yes this looks like what I was talking about and goes even a little bit further allowing some tiles to be accessed by “everyone”. I presume general menu settings and administrator icons have their own security properties to disable access to the backend?

Configuration locking and user permissions for dashboards available in 26.0 release.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.