More tile density?

Hey @Igor, you got any timeline or thoughts on when we’ll be able to increase the density of icons on the screen? I’ve finally got android running on a Odroid SBC and hooked up to a 23 inch touchscreen…

It works awesome and smooth… But with such a big screen there is definitely room to squeeze more tiles onto the screen…

Okay I remembered that in the Remote Config Editor there was a rows and columns editor…
What are the maximums?

When I create a brand new dashboard in the APP and then look at the remote config it’s create a dashboard with 7 rows and 12 columns… But if I edit nothing and just apply then the APP breaks and complains that the max is 10 columns…

Some clarification here would be great :slight_smile:

Okay, trial and error tells me the max is both 10 rows and 10 columns…
Anyway we can increase these? It looks to render the dashboard just fine when the new one is created as a 7x12… Just craps itself once I start trying to edit it :slight_smile:

Anything above 10 rows or columns is not supported, as you discovered. Primary reason is that majority of screens are smaller, so it was not a primary usage case and wasn’t tested either.
It is worth considering for the future though.

@igor, so what do we do about a new dashboard getting created on my tablet with 12 rows and working fine… But craps out if I edit it remotely in any way?

I will check on that.

The error after remote editing is fixed for the next patch release. Instead of hard limit of 10 rows or columns, dashboard will be limited to total of rows by columns being less than 10² (e.g. 10x10, 12x8).
Creating dashboard through UI will follow the same logic.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.