HomeHabit 25.0: Widget presets, iCalendar, and more

@djpostka What locale/language is on that device?

It’s french

@djpostka That’s strange, French locale should work.
Can you give more details about the device: brand/model and Android OS version? Thanks

Same issue with the Google Calendar integration. The month is only a digit.

Samsung A7. Android 11. English (US)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S / Android 11
Samsung Galaxy TAB 2 10.1 / LineageOS 14.1 / Android 7.1.2

Same problem on each device.

Same Problem.
language french.
lenovo m10 android 11

@djpostka @HHnewb @schumi23
Thanks for providing the info. Issue has been reproduced, and the fix is in progress.

1 Like

Fix for month markers in Calendar widget is available in version 25.1 (rolling out right now).

1 Like

It’s working great now, thank you for your reactivity and your works.

1 Like

superb. congratulations for the work and the speed of reaction.
thanks again.

1 Like

Hello, @igor fantastic work with iCalendar support, which I was been waiting for a long time and this waiting is now over!

Is there any restrictions on the ics file? I try to add my exported ICS file from the nextcloud calendar, but I always get the text “Error” (after the calendar name on the Integration tab) followed by “Retry in X seconds”, etc.

The URL for this ics file does not contain any specials, https://<nginx_server>/www/calendar.ics
This ics file is accessible via browser, wget, curl … and has ~640kB size…

Does HH contain a debug protocol to see what’s wrong (I didn’t find it in Settings)?

Thanks

@staro Thanks!
There is no specific restrictions, except for recurrent events that are not supported yet, but it should not cause an error. It is most likely a parsing error, unless there is a connectivity issue.
Can you restart the app, or disable/enable integration, and upload debug logs from the Support screen right after?

@igor upload done. only active integration is iCalendar

Ok, it is a data parsing issue, but it is unclear why though (the app does not log actual ics data). Appears that there is no events where expected.
Is it possible for you to share maybe a file for an example calendar from nextcloud (without any personal info). I’m wondering if it has something to do with nextcloud.

So I tried to add a nextcloud calendar without personal appointments (calendar with waste collection dates) and still without success but this calendar contains recurring events only
Then I created calendar with only 3 events without a recurring event - it works, so I tried to add one recurring event in the “working” calendar and it is working too :face_with_monocle:

I notice that header of booth ics calendar file is almost the same, but in working example is VTIMEZONE besides.

Not working:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
PRODID:-//SabreDAV//SabreDAV//EN
X-WR-CALNAME:Odpad (Radek)
X-APPLE-CALENDAR-COLOR:#B6469D
REFRESH-INTERVAL;VALUE=DURATION:PT4H
X-PUBLISHED-TTL:PT4H
BEGIN:VEVENT
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

Working:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
PRODID:-//SabreDAV//SabreDAV//EN
X-WR-CALNAME:default (obrazky)
REFRESH-INTERVAL;VALUE=DURATION:PT4H
X-PUBLISHED-TTL:PT4H

BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:Europe/Prague
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
TZOFFSETFROM:+0100
TZOFFSETTO:+0200
TZNAME:CEST
DTSTART:19700329T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=3;BYDAY=-1SU
END:DAYLIGHT
BEGIN:STANDARD
TZOFFSETFROM:+0200
TZOFFSETTO:+0100
TZNAME:CET
DTSTART:19701025T030000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=10;BYDAY=-1SU
END:STANDARD
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

@staro Would you be able to share full non-working ICS example (including part inside between VEVENT) through DM message? I tried testing with that format using test events and it works as expected :expressionless:

@igor sure, in a few hour… I’m not near PC right now.
DM = direct message I suppose ? :slight_smile:

Yes, thanks!

One issue with ICS files was determined to be a missing end date (or the same as start date) for an event. The fix for that will be available in the next release (26.0).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.