History Graph

It would be really great to see a History Graph widget !.
Especially for power consumption ((k)Watt)

Agree.
Just installed this app and the only thing stopping me migrating over is the lack of graphs.

Use home assistant…

1 Like

I would love to see some history graphs added to HomeHabit, as they can be really pleasing to look at if designed properly and help to display a large amount of information at a glance.

I’ve attached a snapshot of my HA dashboard to show the graphs I use (they look awesome) plus it adds a nice pop of colour to the otherwise bland dashboard.

Worth noting this has been raised before: Charts widget

When I hand cranked my own widgets I created something like this(as shown in that thread), as I agree, I think it looks great, and displays valuable data. @Connor_Thompson the examples you shared look awesome.

Yeah, I love the little graphs on my HA dashboard, really handy to have too as I can easily view how my hardware is running and if there are any issues.

Are there any plans to implement something like this in the future @igor? I am sure there are more important features to work on, but this would be really cool to see sometime in the future.

Yes, this is definitely something I would love to have in the app. Main hurdle was the difference between how various platforms provide historical data (if at all), so it becomes more complex to develop solution that supports multiple platforms.
There is some internal rework going on now to improve data processing within the app. So there should be an opportunity to try to tackle this feature again in the future.

2 Likes

+1 for the graphs.

I need to check the history of temperature and humidity because of my son’s condition.

HA is not an option because my lack of expertise…

Have you had time to get acquainted with this matter yet?

any info about graphs ?
we need that function

1 Like

Great idea! I hope you will add this function

1 Like

I would really love to see this option. Especially for the MQTT integration.

Via what methods would HH fetch historical data? My hope is JSON data via HTTP, as this would be quite universal and flexible?

I currently monitor my home power setup with HH directly via MQTT. This is great for realtime. Graph/chart support would avoid complex workarounds currently needed to get historical data into HH. It also makes sense for HH to fetch the data from a remote location, as opposed to caching and graphing it locally - I use an Android app capable of graphing MQTT data in real time, but it suffers from not being able to guarantee uptime, so data when its not running is lost. Ideally, the data should reside on the server and HH should fetch and parse it from the specified location.

Is the IOS Preview still going on? Are we non-IOS users getting the history graphs soon?

@miimaa Yes, iOS Preview is available.
For Android, integrating next-gen dashboards into the existing Android app is a significant change, so it will take time to be fully ready. I’m hoping to have it available as a preview soon.

2 Likes