Camera widget throwing in Image format Error

Thanks Igor. I’ll wait for the update. When do you estimate release?

@Santanu_Das It should be redacted, but let me double check for that specific case.

@igor
I created a new user/pass and uploaded the debug log. Let me know if you need any more info.

-S

@Santanu_Das
for hikvision camera case from the logs it looks like live stream should be working correctly. While snapshot 10s refresh get authentication error. It doesn’t seem like any user/pass is set on that snapshot URL?

@Col8 hard to predict at the moment

@Col8 @Santanu_Das 9.0 (4950) build (on the beta channel) will have experimental “Camera streaming V2” flag in HomeHabit Labs.
Please try that and see if that resolves issues with the live streaming.
That supports both RTSP and MJPEG streams. It is an early implementation, so it can have other quirks though.

I’ll give it a try over the weekend. First need to figure out how to install Beta though :slight_smile:

-S

This is Google support page related to that, specifically Get beta versions of apps section
https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7003180?hl=en

Hi Igor. Many thanks. Will give it a try. The update is not showing in Google play yet.

Do I just install and run or do I need to make any changes to my current web dashboard XML?

You would need to enable Camera streaming V2 feature in HomeHabit Labs in Settings. If there are more issues, you can disable it and it will revert to the previous behavior.
It is best to restart the app after enabling/disabling features in Labs.

Hi Igor. Just installed the update and it worked straight away. Perfect job. Cheers.

Can this be integrated into the rules engine. So when motion is detected the live camera feed is displayed and then switched off once motion has ended.

1 Like

That’s great! Thanks for confirming

That’s planned

Always a pleasure Igor.

One quick question. Is it possible to customise the size the popup video window?

Is the popup too small?
Streaming V2 does not detect actual video resolution, like the previous version, yet. After that’s added, it will resize based on video resolution. So if it is 1080p video stream, it will be almost full screen on a usual tablet.

Current it pops up to about a quarter of the tablet screen. Be great to pop up full or almost full screen size.

@igor just updated to beta version and worked straight way and with Streaming V2 it’s a lot better responsive, on Fire HD.

There is an issue with full-screen video though - as @Col8 mentioned, it goes to 1/3rd of the screen size randomly, and on the next few taps, it goes to full screen again. look at the timestamp on the pictures below:

Another thing I noticed: in the full-screen mode, it shows connection lost randomly, after about two mins of displaying the video.

Just installed another update. When I tapped on the cam it went full screen. But every time I tap after that it goes back to 2/3 screen.

@Col8 Yes, Streaming V2 won’t resize correctly at this time. Original implementation actually takes video dimensions into account, but this is not implemented in V2 yet.

What do you see when it is connection lost?

Ah, ok. Thank you.