Camera widget not updating

I am currently running the latest alpha release (for alpha testers) and I noticed that the image in the camera widget is not updating very frequently or even at all. I can confirm that the image in Home Assistant is updating so the problem isn’t between HA and the camera.

It looks like it has something to do with the url changing or token changing. This is not a problem in home assistant interface.

@henning Please check out new alpha release. Should be fixed.

Looks like it is still the same. The widget does not show a «live view» and stops updating. If I go into edit mode in the widget it updates straight away.

By “live view” do you mean live streaming? Camera widget currently only supports static camera snapshot that refreshes every 10 seconds or so.

Ok, I see. It works for a while and updates probably ever 10sec, but then after an hour or two it stops updating.

@igor I have Linked more into the camera widget and it looks like it is working now. I will update if something changes. Thanks

@igor it looks like there still is an issue that the camera widget is not updating the image after some time (the latest verison of the alpha release from 27. June)

@henning what Android device and OS version do you have?

I am currently using a Lenovo tab2 with Android 6.0.1. I also have a new Huawei with Android 7 but have not started using that yet.

Got it. The new alpha version, just released, (1.0 Alpha 1216) contains a bug fix for an issue with Camera widget, which might be related to lack of updates.

Ok thanks, just updated so I will let you know how it works in the coming days.

@igor
I have updated and tested since friday. The camera widget updates, but after some hours I get the “oops” and eyes view. If I restart the app everything is ok again.